The Parent & Teacher Organization (PTO) is organized and staffed by parents of Assumption Catholic School to provide a variety of services for the school. The PTO plans and funds various educational and social activities during the school year, enriching the educational experience. The PTO also contributes to the overall sense of community within ABVM by providing hospitality related services throughout the year and by helping parents, grandparents, and special school friends find the best and easiest way for them to contribute their time and talents.
The goals of the Parent & Teacher Organization are:
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, so parents and teachers may work together in educating children in a Catholic Christian environment.
- To develop between teachers and parents such united efforts as well secure for every child the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education.
- To offer (through well planned programs) information of particular interest to parents in an effort to raise the standards of home life and to make the ABVM experience as positive as possible.
PTO Meetings (start time 7:00 pm)
- Lisa Welter, Chairperson
- Emily Hughes, Vice Chairperson
- Molly Henderson, Secretary
- Megan Kuzma, Treasurer
- Domenic Franconi, Principal
- Amy Snodgrass, Teacher Representative
- Kate Williams, Teacher Representative
- Amber Troupe, Supporting Chairperson