“This Board of Directors shall have as its primary concern the ministry of Catholic elementary school education: the spiritual, intellectual, physical, emotional, and social development of the students. The Board of Directors, operating in conformity with the policies of the Diocese of Grand Rapids, under the guidance of the Diocesan Office of Catholic Schools, the Superintendent of Schools, and the Pastor, shall concern itself with local school policy matters pertaining to the general excellence of Catholic education at Assumption School.” “Working in close collaboration with its administrative officer, the Principal, and hearing its many publics, this Board of Directors shall formulate local school policies that will enable the school to reach its agreed upon goals. These goals will be related to, but not limited to, the overall goals established by the Diocese of Grand Rapids.”
- Courtney Sierra- Chair, Voting Member
- Open Position – Vice Chair, Voting Member
- Mike Tarwater – Secretary, Building & Grounds Committee Chair, Voting Member
- Cristian D’Anna, – Marketing Committee Chair, Voting Member
- Emily Hoffman – Mission Effectiveness Committee Chair, Voting Member
- Chris Johnson – Policy & Planning Committee Chair, Voting Member
- Steve Abid, Voting Member
- Aaron Bartholomew, Voting Member
- Scott Christopher, Voting Member
- Kendra Hillary, Voting Member
- Kyle Welter, Voting Member
- Fr. Chuck Schwartz, Pastor, Ex Officio Member
- Domenic Franconi, Principal/Board Administrative Officer, Ex Officio Member
- Sr. Anna Rose Kalinowski, Non-Voting Member
- Lisa Welter – Home & School Board President, Ex Officio Member
- Kari Soldaat – Booster President, Ex Officio Member
The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (ABVM) Board of Directors has a devoted group of individuals who bring their experiences and skill sets to better our school. We are blessed to have a diverse set of backgrounds to support our school, including law enforcement, information technology, business owners, legal, accounting, sales, marketing and more. Our primary goal is to support our Pastor, the school’s staff, and all of our students by providing them with the oversight and support to fulfill the Vision and Mission of ABVM.
The Board meets every 4th Wednesday of the month (unless holidays or other scheduling conflicts arise).
All meetings are open to the public, however, if you are interested in presenting or discussing topics with the Board, requests to be included on the meeting’s agenda must be submitted at least one week prior to the meeting to the Board President. If you are interested in joining the Board, please fill out the Board of Directors application and forward it to any Board member, the school secretary or the parish secretary.